How to Naturally Increase Energy for a Happier, Healthier You
How can I keep my energy levels high, especially in the afternoon?
This is a question that comes up time & time again with our clients - especially those who are juggling work, exercise, dead-lines, kids and life.
Root Causes of Fatigue
The first thing we always ask our clients, is to first try to identify the root cause. This unfortunately can be quite complex, as there are a number of factors to consider:
- Could it be a vitamin B12 or D deficiency? When was the last time you tested your levels?
- It could be a hormonal imbalance which will need to be investigated.
- You might have a toxic overload due to the accumulation of chemicals from the environment. Also your body just doesn't have enough energy left to break those chemicals and toxins down and eliminate them.
- How much exercise are you doing? Be careful not to over exercise but rather ensures healthy balance.
- Stress has a huge part to play in your energy levels. If you are in a fright or flight situation your energy is redirected to the stressor, sapping your stores leaving you exhausted.
Let's start by looking at your lifestyle.
Are you exposing yourself to any refined, sugary foods that might also be high in processed oils or even toxins? Eating a more balanced diet will actually feed your cells and give you energy. We would recommend these steps:
- Try a 10 day cleanse (such as our Thrive Health Reset) and see how you feel after 10 days of clean eating following an anti-inflammatory diet
- Focus on getting enough sleep and resting
- Test your vitamin levels. If something is out of balance speak to a professional about a supplement.
If you try the above and still find you are constantly fatigued - there may be an underlying issue such as a hormonal imbalance or adrenal burnout. Perhaps it is then time to book a consult with your dietitian, for further testing and support.
If you would like to book a consultation, please feel free to get in touch for further support - email@example.com.