Zucchini & Millet Burgers
- 1 medium zucchini (courgette), grated
- ⅓ cup (70g) millet
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 cup (250ml) vegetable broth (stock)
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 eggs
- 8 tbsp. almond flour
- 1 tbsp. parsley chopped
- 1 tbsp. dill, chopped
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Cut the zucchini into quarters, lengthwise, remove the core and discard the seeds. Now grate the zucchini into a large bowl and set aside.
- Place a small pot over a medium-high heat. Add the millet and grated carrot, pour in the broth, cover with a lid and bring to a boil. Now reduce the heat and simmer for around 15 minutes until the millet is tender and all the liquid has been absorbed. Take the pot off the heat, remove the lid and set aside to cool.
- Drain off any juices from the zucchini, grate in the onion and add the garlic. Now add 3 tablespoons of almond flour and mix until well combined. Once the millet and carrot mixture has cooled, add to the zucchini, along with the chopped parsley and dill.
- Break the eggs into a bowl, season with salt and pepper and whisk until well combined. Place the remaining breadcrumbs on a separate plate, ready to start crumbing the burgers.
- Form 6 even-sized individual burgers. Roll them first in the beaten egg and then coat them in breadcrumbs. Place the burgers onto a clean plate until ready to start cooking.
- Place a non-stick skillet over a medium heat and pour in the olive oil. Add the burgers to the skillet and fry for around 5 minutes on each side until golden brown. This is best done in two batches.